[Tested on ArmV7 devices- Working] [Have to test on ArmV6 Devices] For those of you who want to install Ubuntu on your Android smartphone or tablet device, here’s our universal guide on how to do it.
This guide should work on most “rooted” Android smartphones/tablets with no further modification.
This guide is updated with the easiest way!
- Ubuntu files
- Terminal Emulator
- Android VNC (or any VNC- from play store)
- Atleast 3.5 GB of free space in SD Card.
- Download the files from below torrent link and put them in your SD Card (ubuntu.img, ubuntu.sh, and the ubuntu.sh.md5)
- Then make a folder named Ubuntu on your SD card and transfer them there.
- Finally open up termial emulator and type su then hit enter.
- Next type cd sdcard/ubuntu
- After that type sh ubuntu.sh
- (ignore the warning) Then go and open up Android VNC.
- Enter the feilds as following: Address: localhost ((or keep empty, it may work better for some that way))Password: ubuntuPort: 5900B PP 24
You’re all set!!
Link 1 (Torrent Link)